Materials and Logistics Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Materials and Logistics Manager to join our team.
- Sourcing packaging and shipping materials providers and negotiate pricing and service agreements;
- Source the best freight service providers according to quality of service and cost;
- Oversite of transportation routes for all modes of transportation;
- Manage the proper movement of incoming raw materials and outgoing of finished product to ensure OTD to the customer;
- Negotiate service contracts with 3PL and transportation / freight carrier providers.
- Experience sourcing freight and transportation services and negotiating contracts;
- Manufacturing experience;
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Experience managing logistics / transportation for manufacturing;
- Proven ability to develop and implement best practices to meet industry standards for materials movement / supply chain;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills necessary to provide;
- One to three years supervisory experience strongly preferred;
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills;
- Established ability to identify the vision and produces goals with realistic plans to achieve them;
- Basic knowledge of Demand Planning and Vendor Management;
- Proficient in computer skills including Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint;
- Basic knowledge of lean manufacturing and supply chain management;
- Ability to interact with employees, customers and vendors at all levels;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required;
- Experience in SAP MM a plus.