Materials Manager manages the materials and inventory planning functions. Provides support to production scheduling on all material flow issues to meet production schedules and customer requirements. Being a Materials Manager interfaces with product line coordinators on the planning and forecasting of customer orders to meet shipments. Requires a bachelor’s degree. Additionally, Materials Manager typically reports to a Head of a Unit/Department. The Materials Manager manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. True first level manager. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. To be a Materials Manager typically requires 5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor. 1 – 3 years supervisory experience may be required. Extensive knowledge of the function and department processes.
Materials Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Materials Manager to join our team.
- Knowledge of Business Plan Goals and Objectives;
- Handles all required paperwork on time and correctly. Inputs daily charges to Information Systems;
- Reconciles daily charges with departments;
- Prepare and file detailed records on procurement activity, quantity, and vendors;
- supporting security working groups;
- identifying program threats;
- Performs escalated expediting when required to ensure on time delivery of material;
- Forecast material needs while maximizing the utilization of current inventory;
- Reviews purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy;
- Supplier/facility qualification;
- Manage the regulatory shipping, tracking, reporting, of environmental requirements;
- Maintain the highest ethical standards, even when challenged by individuals in higher positions;
- Improve in-plant material handling and storage systems;
- Leads the departments in day to day activity while constructing and managing mid and long term plans for the department;
- Utilize basic principles of leadership and management to deal with team mates , supervisors, and managers.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Advanced Excel skills including Pivot tables, etc;
- Experience managing supply chain operations for manufacturing;
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in material management, subcontracts administration;
- ERP experience required, experience in Visual preferred;
- Conscientious, organized and meticulous with records;
- Order and manage raw materials;
- Oversee receiving, warehousing and distribution operations;
- Direct the development of inventory management systems to improve the supply chain;
- Business travel required;
- Technical knowledge of Supply Chain and inventory Management;
- Bachelor’s or Master degree in Mechanical Engineering, chemical Engineering, or Industrial Engineering (required);
- Ability to supervise and lead employees to ensure high levels of performance;
- Minimum 2 year experience in leading or supervising and managing planning, inventory, and purchasing functions;
- Life Insurance ($30,000 complimentary), short-term and long-term disability plans.