Mortgage loan officers specialize in loans used to buy real estate (property and buildings), which are called mortgage loans. Mortgage loan officers work on loans for both residential and commercial properties. Often, mortgage loan officers must seek out clients, which requires developing relationships with real estate companies and other sources that can refer prospective applicants.
Mortgage Loan Officer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Mortgage Loan Officer to join our team.
- Excel in a fast paced environment with the ability to multitask and follow up with multiple customers and work on multiple files each and every day;
- Analyze customers’ financial situations and provide the appropriate solution by advising customers as to the appropriate loan product for them;
- Excited to earn high income;
- NMLS Licensed as a Mortgage Loan Originator;
- Interest in building a lucrative career in professional financial sales;
- 2-5 years’ experience;
- Outgoing professional personality;
- Promotes D.L. Evans Bank at all times;
- Completes required reports and records accurately and promptly;
- Ensures that customers’ requests and questions are promptly resolved;
- Helps other area personnel as required;
- Counsels customers regarding money management and financial matters and customers whose loan requests were denied, explaining reasons and alternatives;
- Effectively manage and follow-up on leads generated through various Marketing Department efforts;
- Serves as a representative for D.L. Evans Bank in the community;
- Performs follow-up work as necessary to achieve conditional approval within established time frames.
- A list of referral partners or realtors highly desired;
- Sales experience and aptitude for building trust;
- Strong analytical, mathematical, and negotiating abilities;
- Personal integrity;
- High level of integrity and trust;
- Experience collecting and analyzing borrower income;
- Drive for Results;
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred;
- Must be licensed as a Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO) per the S.A.F.E. Act requirements;
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task;
- Knowledge of mortgage loan products (conventional, FHA/VA, construction lending and portfolio programs);
- NMLS license;
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment;
- Detail oriented;
- Familiarity with title reports, insurance, and appraisals preferred.