Patient Services Coordinator Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Patient Services Coordinator to join our team.
- Register patients in scheduling software, confirming accuracy;
- Word processing;
- Ensures that all calls are handled in a timely, courteous manner and that patient appointing is in keeping with all OrthoCarolina and clinic policies;
- Prepare charts for the next day appointments. Confirm insurance status, eligibility and referrals when needed. Confirms insurance authorizations;
- Appointment scheduling and answering incoming calls from healthcare providers and patients;
- File transcription in charts;
- Makes new patient packets;
- Check in and out patients, collect co-pays at time of service;
- Schedule appointments; gather pertinent information needed to complete appointment;
- Schedules patient examination making sure all required information is available;
- Pull charts for prescription refill requests;
- Give instructions to patients when required for scheduled procedures;
- Other Administrative Assistants duties as assigned;
- Conduct research and provide information via the telephone, postal mail, and e-mail;
- Candidate will plan and schedule meetings and appointments.
- Current Missouri Pharmacy Technician registration or the ability to obtain;
- Ability to adapt and successfully handle unexpected situations;
- Strong communication, problem solving, and customer service skills;
- 1 years reimbursement experience required; including knowledge of pharmacy benefit and medical benefit insurance coverage;
- High School Diploma or GED;
- Computer proficiencies, including Microsoft office.