Payroll Staff Accountant Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Payroll Staff Accountant to join our team.
- Respond to tax notices, wage orders, and governmental correspondences;
- Perform other AP and General ledger functions as assigned;
- Review and prepare for sign off quarterly and annual payroll tax filings;
- Support various internal and external audits;
- Ensure compliance with statutory regulations, company policy, and internal SOX controls;
- Ad-hoc reporting and special projects as required by senior management;
- Review and reconcile quarterly payroll tax report (941);
- Manage and coordinate expatriate employees’ tax and immigration related matters in both host and guest countries;
- Act as a business partner to the Global Human Resources team, providing guidance and support in the implementation of corporate initiatives;
- Ensure timely and accurate payroll processing for both US and expatriate employees by managing and reviewing semi-monthly / monthly payrolls;
- Manage new system implementations related to payroll process. Perform user testing.
- Previous JD Edwards experience;
- 1+ year US/Canada payroll related experience;
- CPA or pursuing certification.