Portfolio managers select the mix of products, industries, and regions for their company’s investment portfolio. These managers are responsible for the overall performance of the portfolio. They are also expected to explain investment decisions and strategies in meetings with stakeholders.
Portfolio Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Portfolio Manager to join our team.
- Conducts annual apartment inspections and follows-up on service needs during inspections;
- Analyzes maintenance operations, suggest methods to improve service and reduce costs;
- Maintain a balance scorecard to illustrate and monitor Quality BTS performance;
- Review all facility, operating, and capital expenditures, Overall oversight, development, and delivery of budget compliance;
- Responsible for Portfolio and Strategic Management Plans and Business Review and Portfolio Management meetings;
- Responsible for financial reporting on a daily basis;
- Monitor, review, and analyze the market rate structures;
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned;
- Own, monitor, and analyze competitive intelligence information;
- Lead cross-functional team at these decision points to best inform decisions;
- Reviews and prepares written analysis, spreadsheets, summary and opinion for each loan request or review;
- Ensure company resources (people, investment, time, energy) are aligned with prioritized opportunities;
- Lead team level decision-making and escalations;
- Coordinate with other CTSUs and ancillary units as appropriate (i.e. ORSP, CRAO, IDS, MCRU);
- Collaborate across functions to develop business cases (e.g., new molecules, new geographies, new indications) for new opportunities.
- Ability to present ideas, collaborate effectively and influence at all levels of the organization;
- Self-motivated, resourceful, and dependable;
- Ability to encourage open expression of ideas and seek opportunities for improvement;
- Works independently and is able to multi-task;
- Demonstrates and encourages company culture and Never Ever Give Up attitude;
- Creativity and flexibility in analytical skills to facilitate leveraging solutions for positive outcomes;
- Experience in analyzing the following: personal and corporate tax returns, Rent Rolls, Personal and Corporate Financial Statements;
- Track record of driving deliverable s to conclusion and managing issues within a team;
- Strong knowledge of basic banking products, commercial lending products, and ability to match solutions with the borrowers;
- Experience planning and implementing process improvement initiatives;
- Ability to work cross functionality to achieve performance improvement objectives;
- Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and work experience;
- Strong data analytical abilities to derive and communicate trends;
- Has created quantitative investing strategies across a variety of asset classes;
- Various loan related duties as needed.