Product Portfolio Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Product Portfolio Manager to join our team.
- Drive initiatives around business metric improvements, value add improvements, simplification of product offering, and inventory reduction;
- Coordinate with Operations supply chain on product rollouts and product obsolescence/transitions;
- Develop an understanding of product’s fully burdened cost to leverage improvements on margin and profitability;
- Develop product expertise with emphasis on part numbers, configurations, and BOM’s;
- Manage one or more SnapNrack product portfolios to develop strategies that capture and maintain market share;
- Clear communication to management on issues of concern;
- Analyze product performance, competitiveness, and trends in the marketplace to develop strategies that grow revenue and improve margins;
- Identify project scope and definition requirements including financial benefits, ROI, and business case;
- Special projects as assigned;
- Coordinate with Sales, finance, and operations on product forecasts, volume outlooks, and pricing; to meet revenue and profitability goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Business Admin, Project Management, Marketing, or related field;
- High level of proficiency with spreadsheets (excel/google sheets) and presentation software;
- Up to 20% travel required to collaborate with offsite working teams, external resources, key stakeholders, and customers;
- Experience with understanding of price, cost, margin, and profit;
- Able to communicate information effectively, both orally and in writing within SnapNrack as well as external clients, and Sunrun partners;
- Experience influencing cross-functional teams in a fast-paced, dynamic environment;
- Ability to prioritize and complete a variety of simultaneous tasks with a high level of organization;
- Minimum 2 years, 3-5 years preferred experience in product management or closely related field;
- Sound judgment and analytical skills.