Project Manager II manages and oversees all aspects of a project to ensure it is completed on-time and within budget. Has overall responsibility for managing scope, cost, schedule, internal staffing and outside vendors, and contractual deliverable. Being a Project Manager II prepares reports for upper management regarding status of project. Typically requires a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent. Additionally, Project Manager II typically reports to a manager. May require certification in Project Management. The Project Manager II gains exposure to some of the complex tasks within the job function. Occasionally directed in several aspects of the work. To be a Project Manager II typically requires 2 to 4 years of related experience.
Project Manager II Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Project Manager II to join our team.
- Develop comprehensive project documentation and apply project governance;
- Other duties as assigned;
- Utilize PMBOK best practices to apply various principles and methodologies such as Agile/Lean, DMAIC, etc;
- Coordinate with and lead sub consultants, direct hire subcontractors or vendors, clerk of the works or others under contract with the client;
- Attend public meetings, and prepare supporting documents or materials, for permitting, or public outreach;
- Performs other duties as needed;
- Prepares subcontracts, Jobsite Labor Manual, Shop Drawings and Layout Drawings, project budget and schedule of values, as-builts, and O&M manuals;
- Ensure that the project schedule encompasses project scope and associated details are accurately developed and maintained;
- Communicate timeline and scope change concerns to Management;
- Development and execution of project communication plans;
- Extensive involvement in database design and data management planning and implementation;
- Completion of any other necessary documentation;
- Definition of project scope, goals and deliverables that support business objectives;
- Support project activities outside of core hours as necessary;
- Quality control of the projects, including the development of project quality control plans and test plans.
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal;
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences;
- Organized with a natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics;
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools;
- Experience with large-scale organizational change efforts;
- Minimum seven years of related previous experience with large projects ($20M+);
- Minimal physical effort is normally required;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Comfortable to Proficient with Project Management software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Project;
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work together with a cross-functional, multi-site sites;
- E xperience with piping standards and/or heat exchanger equipment. Experience and strong familiarity with ASME, ASCE, API, NFPA codes;
- Must have experience managing fast-paced projects with matrix teams;
- Previous new product development experience in the medical device industry;
- Must have ability to perform and experience in performing data analyses.