Purchasing Agent prepares, verifies, and places purchase orders based on business requirements. Monitors a system to maintain inventory levels and availability. Being a Purchasing Agent resolves issues related to inventory returns, replacements, and credit arrangements. Typically requires a high school diploma. Additionally, Purchasing Agent typically reports to supervisor or manager. The Purchasing Agent works under moderate supervision. Gains or has attained full proficiency in a specific area of discipline. To be a Purchasing Agent typically requires 1-3 years of related experience, or may need 0 years of experience with additional specialized training and/or certification.
Purchasing Agent Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Purchasing Agent to join our team.
- Solicit Vendor Bids, Analyze, and contracts according to company guidelines;
- Manage and maintain cost and price data for community specifications and standard option offerings;
- Create initial work orders and purchase orders for all construction starts with budgets customized for address specific jobs;
- evaluating need to introduce additional products or discontinue existing ones;
- Collaborate and communicate regularly with Customer Service, Sales and Receiving to ensure that expectations are constantly met;
- Monitor, create and maintain BOM (Bill Of Materials);
- Conducts surveys and market studies to determine price levels, trends, business activity and availability of commodities;
- Place Spot Buy orders as needed for production rushes;
- Works with the DCs to understand and satisfy the needs and requirements;
- Keeps accurate records, including price histories and any problems during business with particular vendors;
- Consults catalogs and interviews suppliers to obtain prices and specifications;
- Keep track of incoming orders to ensure equipment arrives on time;
- Develop and maintain internal and external partner relationships at all levels to contribute to category growth;
- Good understanding of general ledger accounts, cost centers, month end accruals, and month end closing documents;
- Monitor and expedite orders.
- Must be computer literate in all Microsoft Office products, with high proficiency in Excel;
- Requires a positive attitude and ability to function both independently and in a team setting;
- Coordinate Product Change Notification Process;
- Observant, analytical, inquisitive and attentive;
- Strong knowledge and understanding of purchasing procedures;
- 1-year experience in laboratory and technical environment;
- Two-years BRIX experience;
- Demonstrated level of success in the development of client relationships;
- Proficient with general office applications;
- Must be able to pass background and drug screening;
- Experience in purchasing and negotiating;
- Critical thinking and resourcefulness to solve problems with supply chain and inventory management;
- Working knowledge of purchasing related accounting issues;
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with vendors, suppliers, manufacturers, and co-workers;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.