Purchasing managers buy equipment, goods and services for their company.
Purchasing Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Purchasing Manager to join our team.
- Work closely with production to ensure production requirements are met;
- Monitors vendor relations and negotiate superior credit terms with vendors and subcontractors;
- Performs other related duties as assigned;
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness;
- Interviewing, selecting, and training employees;
- Interaction with out-of-state facility;
- Inventory management;
- May train new and existing team on effective buyer techniques;
- Providing for safety and security of the workplace;
- Oversee Purchasing team;
- Interact with suppliers and internal departments;
- All processes involved in purchasing: sourcing, pricing, scheduling;
- Planning the work;
- Understanding Contracts;
- Focus on material cost reduction.
- BS degree in supply chain management, logistics, business administration or equivalent;
- Ability to gather and analyse data and to work with figures;
- Solid judgement along with decision making skills;
- Strong leadership capabilities;
- Basic computer proficiency: ability to learn and use ERP system;
- Basic understanding of raw materials;
- Must have previous purchasing experience in manufacturing environment;
- Ability to read technical prints and bill of materials;
- Must have previous experience acquiring sources for electronic components, bare circuit boards,
- Ability to learn through shadowing and following documented procedures;
- Outstanding organizational and prioritizations skills;
- Customer service experience;
- Conflict Resolution and Problem Solving experience;
- Knowledge of BRIX and Hyphen Solutions preferred;
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, with a high level of attention to detail and consistency.