Revenue Accounting Manager manages the daily activities and the staff of the revenue accounting department. Ensures compliance with applicable policies and reviews contracts to ensure that revenue is recorded in compliance with GAAP. Being a Revenue Accounting Manager monitors the month-end revenue close. May assist in the preparation of SEC filings or interface with external auditors as needed. Additionally, Revenue Accounting Manager requires a bachelor’s degree of accounting. Typically reports to the head of a unit/department. May require Certified Public Accountant (CPA). The Revenue Accounting Manager typically manages through subordinate managers and professionals in larger groups of moderate complexity. Provides input to strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility. May give input into developing the budget. Capable of resolving escalated issues arising from operations and requiring coordination with other departments. To be a Revenue Accounting Manager typically requires 3+ years of managerial experience.
Revenue Accounting Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Revenue Accounting Manager to join our team.
- Coordinate AR operations for advertising customers: billing, cash collections and AR aging.
- Strategic thinker that considers both current needs and long-term scale;
- Bachelor’s in Accounting with 5-7+ years of professional experience; public accounting background at a Big 4 preferred;
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel;
- Experience with NetSuite a plus, but not required;
- Proactive “self-starter” with excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with all levels of the company;
- Ability to prioritize and handle tasks in order to meet deadlines;
- Advanced knowledge of revenue recognition in US GAAP and experience in performing technical revenue research, specifically ASC 606;
- CPA license is required.