The Investing Senior Analyst tracks market rates, sets rates to be paid, and the daily quantity to be sold. Invests in and sells short-term securities, including commercial paper to meet short-term investment and financing needs. Being an Investing Senior Analyst requires a bachelor’s degree. Prepares periodic investment reports. In addition, Investing Senior Analyst typically reports to a manager. Investing Senior Analyst is a specialist on complex technical and business matters. Work is highly independent. May assume a team lead role for the work group. Working as an Investing Senior Analyst typically requires 7+ years of related experience.
Senior Investment Analyst Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Investment Analyst to join our team.
- Interact with all levels of management and deal advocates and must be able to communicate assumptions, results, issues clearly and concisely;
- Work concurrently on multiple projects independently;
- Support ongoing fleet/investment portfolio management and financing activities;
- Participate within a deal term to structure proposed transactions and in the closing processes;
- Participate in training and coaching junior analysts, reviewing the work of other analysts, and may have supervisory responsibilities;
- Evaluate proposed domestic and international investment opportunities including portfolio and business acquisitions.
- Advanced Excel skills, experience with programming languages such as Visual Basic, and experience with database management systems strongly preferred;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with others;
- Minimum 6 years of experience in investment analysis, capital investment, lease pricing, business valuation, with an emphasis on cash flow modeling;
- A Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (engineering, mathematics, economics, or statistics) and an MBA or an equivalent advanced degree required;
- Demonstrated an excellent understanding of financial concepts, capital market theory, and relevant tax and accounting principles.