The Project Manager – Senior – IT has overall responsibility for managing scope, cost, schedule, internal staffing and outside vendors, and contractual deliverable. Manages and oversees all aspects of a technology project to ensure it is completed on-time and within budget. Being a Project Manager – Senior – IT possesses strong knowledge of technology. Prepares reports for upper management regarding status of project. In addition, Project Manager – Senior – IT requires a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to a manager. Project Manager – Senior – IT is a specialist on complex technical and business matters. Work is highly independent. May assume a team lead role for the work group. Working as a Project Manager – Senior – IT typically requires 7+ years of related experience.
Senior IT Project Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior IT Project Manager to join our team.
- Partner with IT and non IT business sponsors to define success metrics and criteria;
- Continually update relevant business stakeholder of project status and periodically publish project status reports;
- Assess and resolve all high priority project risks as they are encountered;
- Develop the project charter, integrated project plan, resource plan, contingency plan, and related project management artifacts;
- Acquires project resources;
- Works in a fast-paced project delivery environment collaborating with clients, client relationship managers, products technicians, and engineers;
- Remains on the forefront of emerging industry practices;
- Defines roles and responsibilities;
- Organizes and guides project operations through the use of methodologies accepted by the industry;
- Allocates staff and budget resources to meet changing corporate needs;
- Identify, assess, and control risks and plan responses to increase the likelihood of successful completion of IT projects;
- Create and communicate project status, team and stakeholder meeting agendas, and other communication as required;
- Mentor project team and stakeholders on Project Management Office (PMO) process and requirements;
- Utilize the Global IT methodology, Change Management Team, & IT project tools to identify all areas that could be impacted by IT projects;
- Follow up with all team members on deliverables.
- Experience working within enterprise IT environments;
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field;
- Demonstrated experience in establishing and delivering complex projects;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate at all levels with clarity and precision;
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills, including the ability to navigate in a highly matrixed organization effectively;
- 10+ years of experience with Agile project management delivery;
- 12+ years of experience as a project manager in an IT environment;
- Well versed in defining road-maps and collaborating with teams that employ Sprint methodologies;
- Strong consensus and relationship-building skills, with experience managing resources across different functions of an organization;
- Experience in working with Microsoft TFS;
- Active Project Management Professional Certification;
- Minimum of 10 years of experience of progressive IT responsibilities, including a programming and business analyst background;
- 5+ years of experience as a Scrum Master;
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Business, or a related field;
- Ability to craft clear, compelling recommendations supported by strong analysis and business logic, and articulate them to the Team.