The Senior Logistics Analyst creates and reviews procedures for distribution and inventory management to maximize customer satisfaction and minimize cost. Enhances product workflow by analyzing and developing logistics plans that affect production, distribution, and inventory. Being a Senior Logistics Analyst typically requires an associate degree or its equivalent. Ensures rational distribution and delivery according to analysis report and tracking records. In addition, Senior Logistics Analyst typically reports to a manager. Being a Senior Logistics Analyst contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. Work is generally independent and collaborative in nature. Working as a Senior Logistics Analyst typically requires 4 to 7 years of related experience.
Senior Logistics Analyst Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Logistics Analyst to join our team.
- Maintain control of the Authorized Stockage Listing (ASL) and perform required inventories/audits;
- Performs other duties as assigned;
- Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves, bins, or containers according to predetermined sequence;
- Interact and professionally exhibit customer service skills and be able to present a positive approach with customers and peers;
- Perform data entry, research and documentation of receiving issues in GCSS-A, COLTS, or other government, program, or company database;
- Interact with vendors, OEMs, FSRs and other customers to obtain information, reconcile inventory discrepancies, prepare RMAs and obtain EDD/ECD dates;
- Use a floor jack or forklift when loading or unloading pallets;
- Provide material handling coordination support to include shipping, receiving, storage, and disposition of property;
- Must have the ability to generate/produce data and reports;
- Maintain inventory control processes to account for property received, shipped, excess, moved, or in transit;
- Inspect inbound inventory for accuracy and completeness, defects or notable damage and log/report discrepancies.
- Familiarity with MS Office Suite products (Excel, Word, Access);
- Experience with NTCSS (R-Supply and OMMS-NG) to manage and evaluate configuration, allowancing, and inventory management;
- Must have a current Secret clearance;
- The ability to perform relational table/data manipulation using MS Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Word;
- Experience in tasking requirements, evaluating current NTCSS Software operations, and instructing subordinates;
- Experience with integrated Logistics Support Management System (ILSMS);
- Experience in Marine Logistics Support Package (MALSP) Doctrine and allowance, management and deployment of those packages;
- Eight years of experience in automated supply, logistics, inventory, and financial management and NTCSS Software;
- Demonstrate an ability to perform file maintenance, analyze output reports, and recommend corrective actions;
- Demonstrate competence with Naval Aviation Enterprise Airspeed processes;
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of NTCSS Software, hardware and AISs;
- Logistics experience in the PACOM AOR is desired;
- Demonstrate familiarity with supply AIS query procedures, NAVSUP and DOD publications;
- Have extensive experience in Naval Aviation Logistics (Navy Aviation/Navy Stock Control, Materiel Division preferred, but not mandatory).