The Senior Marketing Analyst assists in developing policies and ensures the marketing goals and plans are met. Creates marketing materials, plans and performs more complicated marketing activities for a larger region or product. Being a Senior Marketing Analyst analyzes market data to improve and monitor the performance of the marketing activities and plans. Develops marketing projects for product promotion, distribution, shelving and pricing. In addition, Senior Marketing Analyst typically requires a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to manager. Working as a Senior Marketing Analyst typically requires 4 to 7 years of related experience. Contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. Work is generally independent and collaborative in nature.
Senior Marketing Analyst Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Marketing Analyst to join our team.
- Partner with Data Engineering to optimize data tracking/quality and drive data warehouse improvements;
- Finding innovative ways to use proprietary Personal Capital data for PR and content marketing purposes;
- Apply expertise in quantitative analysis and data visualization to tell the story behind the numbers and provide recommendations to leadership;
- Design and analyze A/B tests to drive KPI improvements;
- Provide actionable results that the business can leverage to set strategic direction and make day-to-day decisions;
- Translating business requirements into engineering requirements and coordinating with Data Engineering to build out the solutions;
- Analyze marketing and customer acquisition data and provide valuable, data-centric insights, and solutions;
- Develop standardized dashboards and ad hoc reports to inform business decisions, with an emphasis on automation and scalability;
- Ensure IT leadership is appropriately informed of performance or other issues;
- Develop insights that can be used to drive optimizations across all channels;
- Maintain a detailed understanding of all marketing data sources and legacy queries for effective data analysis;
- Working across different teams and stakeholders, both internal and external;
- Helping to create test strategy and measurement plans;
- Analyze and report on funnel metrics and campaigns effectiveness including traffic, acquisition, conversion, and return on marketing investment;
- Presenting insights to stakeholders.
- Flexibility to deal with rapidly changing, time-constrained launch;
- Strong working knowledge of process automation using a scripting language (R / Python);
- Effective communication skills to present information to technical and non-technical audience;
- Knowledge of and curiosity to stay current on industry analytical trends;
- Experience developing and maintaining reports in Tableau or other data visualization tool;
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skills;
- Working knowledge of the customer acquisition, re-engagement and retention processes are all preferred;
- Capable of communicating and inspiring strong collaboration;
- Very strong analytical skills;
- Previous use of analytics and testing tools, such as Adobe Analytics and Adobe Target, as well as visualization tools;
- Familiar with programming languages-SQL/Hive & python;
- Analytical programming language like Python, R or similar;
- Effective leadership, persuasion and prioritization skills;
- Commercial experience with marketing analytics;
- Math or statistics Degree preferred.