The Senior Tax Accountant prepares paperwork for local, state and federal level returns for submission within specified deadlines. Responsible for the maintenance of tax records and the preparation of tax returns, tax-related schedules and reports. Being a Senior Tax Accountant may require a bachelor’s degree. Responsible for the analysis of tax regulations to ensure all regulations are met by organization. In addition, Senior Tax Accountant typically reports to a supervisor or a manager. Being a Senior Tax Accountant contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. Work is generally independent and collaborative in nature. Working as a Senior Tax Accountant typically requires 4 to 7 years of related experience.
Senior Tax Accountant Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Tax Accountant to join our team.
- Coordinating client tax return preparation and deadlines;
- Identify opportunities for bonus depreciation, tax advantaged write-offs and decoupling;
- Recommend creative solutions for complex real estate transactions;
- Assisting in the supervision, review, and mentoring of tax staff;
- Participating in Firm community activities;
- Prepare and review individual, partnership, corporate trust, foundation, estate and gift tax returns including information gathering;
- Prepare journal entries and perform accounting functions necessary for the preparation of tax returns;
- Managing, developing, training, and mentoring of staff;
- Review of tax returns completed by staff;
- Establishing and maintaining client relationships including managing expectations and meeting deadlines;
- Supervising and serving as a technical resource to Tax Accountants and less experienced Senior Tax Accountants;
- General understanding of international tax and exposure to tax reporting for international activities;
- At least 2 years of recent experience in a public accounting firm;
- Preparing quarterly tax account reconciliations;
- Preparation of income tax projections that involve multiple scenarios and complex analysis.
- Strong accounting skills;
- Great attention to detail and communication skills;
- Must be accurate and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment;
- Detail oriented;
- 4 years of corporate tax experience, preferably in a Big 4 public accounting and/or a corporate tax department;
- Extremely detail oriented;
- CPA or Masters of Tax preferred;
- CPA license or significant progress on the exam required;
- Ability to perform research and analysis to tax policies and procedures;
- Minimum of three to four years of recent public tax experience;
- Working knowledge of CCH ProSystem fx Tax a plus;
- A master’s degree in Tax (completed or in progress) is a plus;
- Assisting with the reconciliation of transaction tax general ledger accounts;
- Seeks advice of appropriate superiors regarding issues related to compliance;
- 2-15 years of recent public accounting experience.