Special Events Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Special Events Manager to join our team.
- Recruit and schedule volunteers, as needed, to execute events;
- Other duties as assigned;
- Develop and monitor event timelines to ensure deadlines are being met;
- Develop strategy, financial targets and, as identified, sell sponsorships for events;
- Conduct post-event evaluations and P&L report communicating outcomes;
- Initiate and manage the development and production of all event-related graphic and printing projects;
- Research, advise and oversee the booking of approved entertainment for events;
- Prepare, distribute and communicate the details of all banquet and event orders and resumes for all events;
- Coordinate with other departments to help achieve goals, facilitate operations and maximize benefits of programming and special events;
- Develop and implement metrics to measure event success outcomes based on attendance, expense, income generation and/or other pre-determined goals;
- Ensure all events are consistent with all local, state and federal laws and permits;
- Assist with development of social media/PR strategy for events;
- Oversee and assist with the operations of events including set up, execution and tear down;
- Act as on-site contact for events, as needed;
- Assist with administrative and analytical duties of the F&B department as requested by F&B Director.
- Five (5) years professional experience in special events/marketing;
- Travel up to 50% of the time;
- Five (5) years’ experience in meeting planning – handling corporate events/conferences/tradeshows/incentives as a full-time position;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with a high skillset in PowerPoint.