Sr. Tax Accountant Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Sr. Tax Accountant to join our team.
- Responsible for tax return preparation for mutual funds including local, state, and federal tax returns;
- Provide technical support to various internal and external auditor personnel in regard to tax-related inquiries as well as technical issues;
- Initial preparation of domestic federal and state income tax returns;
- Initial preparation of domestic federal and state income tax quarterly estimates and extensions;
- Interacting with other financial and functional areas to gather information for the timely and accurate preparation of required filings;
- Initial preparation of quarterly and annual ASC 740 income tax provision calculations for the multi-entity domestic group;
- Other various projects, as needed;
- Responding to various tax notices and questionnaires, as needed;
- Preparation of sales tax returns for multiple states, including monthly filings. Also maintaining the audit documentation file;
- Other federal and state tax compliance including: franchise tax, gross receipts tax, federal highway use tax and unclaimed property filings;
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed;
- Revises procedures by developing and streamlining procedures and worksheets for calculation of tax provisions;
- Maintains compliance with regulations by forwarding required information to federal, state, and local authorities;
- Prepares tax provision schedules by reviewing, preparing, and consolidating provision schedules;
- Maintains legislative materials by reviewing, interpreting, and implementing new or revised laws.
- Strong Excel skills are required;
- Above average analytical and organizational skills along with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines;
- Familiarity with OneSource income tax compliance and provision tools is preferred;
- Ability to identify alternate methods to complete tasks and increase efficiency;
- Familiarity with any (i.e., OneSource or other) income tax compliance tools is required.