Sr. Underwriter Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Sr. Underwriter to join our team.
- Maintain an acceptable underwriting profit;
- Act as referral authority for Associate Underwriters;
- Participates in all internal company training and continuing education;
- Development and maintenance of key broker/agent relationships;
- Compliance with underwriting documentation rules and guidelines;
- Remains current on product releases as it pertains to Professional Liability;
- Management and development of new business and broker relationships;
- Stay abreast and knowledgeable on market trends in terms of forms, coverage and appetite to maintain competitiveness;
- Adherence to Admiral underwriting guidelines and referral compliance;
- Coordinate strategic marketing calls to key brokers (up to 25%).
- Bachelors degree in business/financial or equivalent experience;
- Excellent analytic skills and the ability to work independently as well as part of a team;
- 3-5 years of experience in underwriting FHA/VA and conventional loans with a think outside the box decision mindset while mitigating risk;
- Must be organized and detail oriented;
- Knowledge of state and federal laws pertaining to the mortgage banking industry;
- Possess a DE certification;
- Knowledge of title review;
- Experience with Real estate underwriting, with high volume and at least 1 million dollars authority;
- VA SAR / LAPP experience;
- Experience working with DU and LP automated underwriting engines.