The Staff Accountant I ensures the accuracy of entries to ledger accounts and reconciles subsidiary ledger accounts to the general ledger. Assists in maintaining financial records and ensuring that financial transactions are properly recorded. Being a Staff Accountant I assists in analyzing current costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses. Compiles financial data to aid more senior accountants in the preparation of balance sheets, profit and loss statements and other financial reports. In addition, Staff Accountant I requires a bachelor’s degree. May require eligibility to sit for CPA exam. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Being a Staff Accountant I works on projects/matters of limited complexity in a support role. Work is closely managed. Working as a Staff Accountant I typically requires 0-2 years of related experience.
Staff Accountant Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Staff Accountant to join our team.
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data;
- Assisting with special projects as necessary;
- Performing month end revaluation and analysis in connection with month end close;
- Maintaining records;
- Prepare monthly payroll;
- Support the annual external audit by completing assigned information requests;
- Work closely with senior staff on litigation cases, first party property, business valuations;
- Working with the Asset Management team on preparing construction draws;
- Prepare daily bank reconciliation;
- Provide accurate data to internal and external auditors as required;
- Relief receptionist;
- Investigating and resolving duplicate payments;
- Analyze contracts to determine proper billing schedule;
- Research accounting issues throughout the month;
- Prepare accurate, complete, and timely corporate quarterly schedules.
- Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Must have a professional attitude and be able to work independently as well as part of a team;
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Minimum 2 years of relevant staff accounting experience;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field; advanced certification (CPA/CMA) a plus;
- Strong attention to detail and enjoy spending most of the day with numbers and analytical projects; desire to complete tasks accurately and timely;
- 1+ years of previous experience directly related to accounting;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications;
- Strong teamwork skills and a professional attitude, with a capacity to grow and expand your role;
- Experience working on large ERP systems, especially JDE and/or A/X;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills;
- 1+ years of experience as an accounting professional;
- Experience in preparing financial statements;
- Analytical ability with strong Excel skills.