Supply Chain Lead Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Supply Chain Lead to join our team.
- Process purchase requisitions, purchase change orders and requests for quotesPerform cost analysis and volume planning for major commodities;
- Communicates with appropriate departments when problems become evident;
- Mitigate material shortages and/or planning work order delays through direct involvement with production resources and suppliers;
- Maintain Supply Chain operational KPIsOrganize and actively participate in Supplier Business Reviews;
- Communicates with all departments when possible improvements can be made, such as quantity discounts, or other cost savings;
- Expedite, delay, or cancel orders as needed;
- Analyze and manage Inventory to ensure uninterrupted supply of Laboratory material including reagents, plasticware and other production consumables;
- Coordinate purchasing activities with all Lab Operations groups to acquire inventory in a cost effective and timely manner;
- Generate reports to provide status updates on tasks, inventory, and deliverables;
- Involved in new product launches as needed;
- Support Samples Receiving and Accessioning into the Labs;
- Visits Suppliers’ facilities for improvement initiatives and problem solving;
- Interfaces with Accounting to resolve materials related discrepancies.
- Occasional travel may be required;
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint); Advanced Microsoft Excel user;
- Excellent organizational, communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills;
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Operations Management or equivalent;
- Knowledge of ERP systems and Supply Chain business processes and tools;
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and attentive to detail in a fast paced work environment;
- Strong accountability and leadership traits and willingness to own these responsibilities;
- Flexibility and adaptability to evolving priorities while working in a dynamic environment;
- A minimum of 3 years of purchasing experience is required, preferably in Laboratory and biotechnology related fields.