Supply chain managers organise the movement of goods and materials from suppliers and manufacturers to customers.
Supply Chain Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Supply Chain Manager to join our team.
- Works with plant, warehouse, and logistics departments to determine and set up intercompany transfers;
- Supports proper utilization of ERP system (sales force);
- Manage Supplier Business Reviews;
- Identifies and implements economic savings and synergies across properties as appropriate;
- Responsible for all procurement and contract service needs of the property;
- Help execute process transformation, measurable improved operational performance, and organizational restructuring;
- Supplier & Portfolio Rationalization;
- Enforce Supplier Code of Ethics;
- Lead client engagements and work streams related to supply chain and operational improvement projects with clients in the HC Provider sector;
- Monitors results of department/function through inspection, evaluation and analysis. Makes changes as necessary to achieve end result;
- Negotiate with suppliers for price, lead-time, andspecifications. Drive PPV;
- Develop and implement sourcing strategies;
- Oversees warehouse and distribution operations;
- Monitors and reports on supplier performance to ensure high quality, on time delivery, fill rates, and service standards;
- Evaluates team members within department and delivers constructive feedback to employees in regards to performance.
- Travel may be up to 80-100%
- Strong sense of time organization and urgency;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to lead, train, and mentor employees on a personal level;
- Ability to understand financial statements, cost accounting, understanding of cross cultural and/or global business;
- Must remain poised, professional and diplomatic under pressure;
- Must be conscientious about assignments and complete work in a timely, accurate and thorough manner;
- Strong computer skills with a working knowledge of programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point;
- Demonstrated strategic, tactical planning, project management, and analytical skills;
- Demonstrated experience developing relationships with senior clients;
- Detailed understanding of Order to Cash supply chain concepts;
- Experience working with electronics to include printed circuit boards and embedded systems;
- Ability to travel as needed;
- Strong leadership skills, independent thinking, team building, strong organizational and planning abilities;
- Supply chain certification from a ranked program.