Tax Accountant III is responsible for the maintenance of tax records and the preparation of tax returns, tax-related schedules and reports. Prepares paperwork for local, state and federal level returns for submission within specified deadlines. Being a Tax Accountant III is responsible for the analysis of tax regulations to ensure all regulations are met by organization. May require a bachelor’s degree. Additionally, Tax Accountant III typically reports to a supervisor or a manager. The Tax Accountant III contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. Work is generally independent and collaborative in nature. To be a Tax Accountant III typically requires 4 to 7 years of related experience.
Tax Accountant III Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Tax Accountant III to join our team.
- Leads certain aspects of tax accounting, reporting, planning, audits, and research to ensure consistency with tax standards.
- CPA desired;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting preferred;
- 2-3 years of tax and accounting experience;
- If CPA, continuing professional education to meet state requirements;
- Additional training as deemed necessary for job.