Tax Compliance Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Tax Compliance Manager to join our team.
- Performs ongoing tax accounting related activities for the Viking Group Inc and all subsidiaries;
- Review tax returns and quarterly/yearly tax projections;
- Find and implement opportunities for process improvement in company tax procedures;
- Maintain effective control procedures over all aspects of the tax process;
- Prepare / review VAT / sales & use / property tax compliance;
- Develop and implement strategic tax planning for all necessary federal and state taxes;
- Responsible for GAAP accounting for income taxes;
- Assists the Chief Financial Officer & Controller in carrying out the goals & objectives of the Company.
- Strong ability to utilize project management and accounting best practices to organize and prioritize tasks and the tasks of other tax team members;
- Manufacturing / distribution accounting experience;
- Bachelor’s degree (4-year) in Accounting plus 5 years of experience in a tax manager or public accountant role;
- Strong experience with a variety of tax operations and ability to drive process improvements;
- Familiarity with U.S. federal, state and local reporting requirements;
- Strong knowledge of tax code, compliance and procedures for corporations;
- Strong experience with ASC 740 and other tax accounting principles.