Tax Manager – Private Client Services Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Tax Manager – Private Client Services to join our team.
- Assist with identifying new and additional service opportunities from existing and potential clients through client interactions and recommendations;
- Possess a strong background in effective engagement management, knowing how to manage all aspects of client accounts;
- Recognize complex technical issues, reach appropriate conclusions and apply appropriate technical authorities to support conclusions;
- Supervise associates and senior associates, providing them with leadership, counseling and career guidance as appropriate & required;
- Assist with compliance and advisory needs for enterprise related returns, primarily related party flow through entities;
- Research tax laws and prepare tax memorandums on technical issues;
- Develop and execute tax planning techniques for clients while addressing client needs;
- Communicate and interact closely with the client’s advisors, such as attorneys and financial managers;
- Participate in mentoring, training, recruiting, retention, and team-building activities.
- 5-10 years of public accounting;
- Exceptional client service and communication skills;
- Excellent supervisory, organizational, problem solving, critical/analytical thinking, written and oral communication, and interpersonal skills;
- Experience with tax preparation and research software required – Go Systems, BNA Income Tax Planner, GoFileRoom, BNA Bloomberg and Checkpoint;
- Ability to effectively use Outlook and Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Knowledge and experience with flow through entities (i.e. Family Limited Partnerships, S-Corporations, Partnerships, etc.);
- International experience and knowledge (This experience is valued but not a requirement of the position);
- Excellent project management and presentation skills;
- CPA certification required or other professional certification relevant to specialized services areas;
- Hands-on experience with review and preparation of all forms and schedules related to individuals, gifts, trusts, estates and enterprise entities;
- Private client advisor experience, including enterprise entity compliance and advisory skills;
- Demonstrated experience in effectively building, interfacing and managing client base.