Technical Recruiter screens, interviews, and recommends prospective employees for employment in entry-level and experienced technical positions. Works with search firms or other placement agencies, and determines optimum recruitment method to develop and maintain a highly qualified candidate pool. Being a Technical Recruiter may require a bachelor’s degree in area of specialty. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. To be a Technical Recruiter typically requires 2 to 4 years of related experience. Gains exposure to some of the complex tasks within the job function. Occasionally directed in several aspects of the work.
Technical Recruiter Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Technical Recruiter to join our team.
- Educate, excite and sell candidates on both the opportunity and the organization;
- Screen and qualify prospective applicants;
- Partner with engineering to deeply understand their hiring needs;
- Act as a point of contact and build influential candidate relationships during the selection process;
- Manage end-to-end recruitment cycle for a diverse portfolio of clients and different job categories and in a variety of industries;
- Self-directed execution of the full life cycle recruiting process with an emphasis in meeting time-to-fill goals;
- Works with the Recruiting Manager and Program Management to fill hiring requirements;
- Conduct thorough screening of candidates and also have the ability to engage with candidates and share what sets the company apart from competitors;
- Screens/counsels candidates, coaches the hiring team, and negotiates the close;
- Ensure compliance with federal regulations and company policies, educating hiring managers as needed;
- Manage full cycle recruiting process: source, identify, engage, evaluate, and hire world-class tech talent to join our growing company;
- Maintaining an accurate database of all candidates and activities;
- Interview prospective candidates and educate candidates on company process;
- Participate in networking opportunities such as job fairs, conferences, and meetups to enhance the technical talent pipeline;
- Refer job order leads and hiring manager names to Account Managers.
- Familiarity with Applicant Tracking Systems and resume databases;
- A strong business acumen with the ability to understand & interpret complex business needs and business structure;
- Work with little direction or supervision;
- Excellent consultative skills and proven success developing strong, collaborative relationships across multiple departments and levels;
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment and communicate effectively across multiple departments and levels;
- Successful track record of achieving targets and recruiting diverse teams;
- Demonstrated success in diversity sourcing and recruitment;
- Experience working for a DoD contractor;
- Demonstrated experience placing engineers in companies that offer modern cloud-based B2B or B2C SaaS products;
- Ability to demonstrate high level of written and verbal interpersonal communication skills;
- Experience configuring, operating, and managing modern Applicant Tracking System (ATS) and Human Resource Information System (HRIS) platforms;
- Understanding of up-to-date on latest recruiting trends and techniques;
- Excellent research skills with the ability to dive deep into searches for hard-to-fill requisitions;
- Strong knowledge of the recruitment process and sourcing methods;
- 2-4 years experience recruiting and hiring software engineers, including sourcing candidates, reviewing resumes, and leading initial screening calls.