Training and Development Specialists Training and development specialists plan and administer programs that improve the skills and knowledge of their employees.
Training and Development Specialist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Training and Development Specialist to join our team.
- Perform quality assurance of final materials to ensure concepts are properly developed and delivered;
- Perform other duties as assigned to support talent development initiatives;
- Use training database to keep track of courses and communicate training requirements to internal reporting structure;
- Provide clients with support materials to guide rollout of training programs;
- Make training recommendations consistent with established development time frames and budget;
- Manage course production, distribution and organization in the company LMS;
- Use a broad range of interactive, creative and engaging instructional methods;
- Analyze input from subject matter experts to create and modify instructional materials;
- Support coordination of on-site learning activities such as lunch-n-learns, fireside chats, panels discussions, etc;
- Develop relationships with stakeholders to ensure that training initiatives are aligned with and support team needs;
- Facilitate in-person and virtual trainings on a regular cadence;
- Engage internal stakeholders to drive alignment of L&D initiatives and communicate awareness of L&D activities across the organization;
- Support engagement survey feedback reviews and design actionable responses for L&D related items;
- Develop online training modules and ensure consistency in style and format for all training materials;
- Track employee budget use for learning and development expenses.
- Knowledge of automotive technical and sales skills is a plus;
- Passion for learning & development preferred;
- Motivated by a strong sense of responsibility and sincere interest in working collaboratively;
- Experience with GSuite and Trello preferred;
- 3+ years of experience with e-learning design, interface design, and instructional product development is required;
- Experience with HTML5;
- High level of organization to keep track of multiple tasks in different stages of completion;
- Preferred experience with Photoshop or other image-editing tools;
- Highly capable of executing in a fast-paced environment without day-to-day oversight;
- 2+ years as a trainer or experience designing company-wide onboarding programs in a fast-scaling tech startup;
- 3+ years of experience producing high-quality instructional materials in a fast-paced deadline-oriented environment is required;
- Skilled with the use of web-based e-learning development tools, specifically Articulate;
- Experience with Learning Management Systems (LMS) is required;
- Experience publishing e-learning to SCORM standards;
- Bachelor degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Instructional Technology is required; Master degree or equivalent experience is preferred.