The Vice President of Asset Management plans asset strategies that increase revenue and high rate of return on investments. Plans and directs all aspects of an organization’s asset management policies, objectives, and initiatives. Being a Vice President of Asset Management requires a bachelor’s degree. Ensures asset management services consistently meet organization’s vision and investment goals. In addition, Vice President of Asset Management typically reports to top management. The Vice President of Asset Management manages a departmental function within a broader corporate function. Develops major goals to support broad functional objectives. Approves policies developed within various sub-functions and departments. Comprehensive knowledge of the overall departmental function. Working as a Vice President of Asset Management typically requires 8+ years of managerial experience.
Vice President, Asset Management Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Vice President, Asset Management to join our team.
- Periodically perform “hold/sell” analyses on all properties; Implement disposition preparation strategies and facilitate onsite disposition activities;
- Champion new technology initiatives for our communities;
- Attend industry conferences for market updates and vendor connections;
- Lead the creation of JV tailored analytics and reporting;
- Participate in the creation of Board of Director slides each quarter and monthly operating reporting;
- Manage and report on capital improvement projects; update renovation tracking reports;
- Maintain quarterly/year-end fund level reporting for IRR/equity multiples, debt summary, and performance (as necessary);
- Lead the preparation of annual operating and capital budgets as well as monthly forecasts between property management and other departments;
- Travel to markets to validate research and operating assumptions upon signature of Letter of Intent on potential acquisitions;
- Oversee asset management of the Company’s portfolio of operating assets, maximizing financial returns;
- Minimum of 15 years of real estate experience with a focus in oversight of financial performance and property operations;
- Other duties as assigned;
- Provide a high level of transparency to executive management and exhibit collaboration with all executives and staff within MBK Real Estate;
- Review and execute contracts, processes, reports, budgets, marketing material, and other related operational information;
- Manage and develop a top performing team of professionals.
- Advanced analytical, verbal and written communication skills;
- Experience in real estate markets throughout the Western U.S;
- Knowledge and experience of financial proformas, due diligence, costs and management of apartment projects;
- Experience in hotel operations, budgeting/forecasting, capital planning/project oversight;
- Minimum five (5) years of hotel asset management experience with full-service, select-service and/or independent hotels in major markets;
- Experience overseeing the purchase and sale of residential and/or commercial real estate and property management;
- Possess strong negotiating skills, business ethics and relationship management;
- Computer skills include Excel, Word, Internet Explorer research and Google Earth;
- Understand the importance of business strategy;
- Effective and proven leader and team manager;
- Positive attitude and flexible personality;
- Strong financial planning skills, especially related to debt and joint venture relationships;
- Four-year degree in hotel management or other finance-related degree preferred.