The Vice President of Tax ensures compliance with all federal, state, and local tax regulations while working to minimize tax liability and maximize after tax profits. Plans and directs all aspects of an organization’s tax policies and objectives. Being a Vice President of Tax demonstrates expertise in a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. Requires a bachelor’s degree. In addition, Vice President of Tax typically reports to top management. The Vice President of Tax manages a business unit, division, or corporate function with major organizational impact. Establishes overall direction and strategic initiatives for the given major function or line of business. Has acquired the business acumen and leadership experience to become a top function or division head.
Vice President, Tax Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Vice President, Tax to join our team.
- Ensure efficient, timely, and complete processing of internal and external tax reporting and minimization of tax obligations of the company;
- Make effective presentations to management including planning opportunities;
- Deliver strategic tax planning to drive lower effective global tax rates and operational initiatives;
- Ensure appropriate issue analysis and negotiation of audit settlements with taxing authorities;
- Remain connected to third party information sources to ensure that new or modified tax laws are accurately accounted for on a timely basis;
- Responsible for the budget and actuals of the tax department cost center and support cash repatriation efforts with treasury and division personnel.
- Demonstrates a strong value system and an ethical sense of judgment; conveys those values within the tax team and across the business;
- Has the experience and judgment to initiate, plan, execute, and complete goals timely;
- Excellent analytic, tax technical, organizational and project management skills;
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting; preferably completed CPA, JD, Master’s Degree, or other form of advanced education;
- 10+ years of tax function leadership experience with a US global manufacturing company that operates in multiple countries tied to foreign operations;
- Extensive knowledge of computer applications related to corporate tax and HFM;
- Exhibits a strong ability to handle multiple demands with a sense of urgency, drive, and energy;
- Must be self-directed, have excellent initiative and organizational skills to excel in a dynamic and fast-paced environment;
- Excellent communicator and educator of others that is respectful; able to translate tax rules and concepts into clear actionable information.