Hospice Social Worker Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Hospice Social Worker to join our team.
- Provide discharge planning based on meeting identified goals of the treatment plan;
- Document patient / family status, diagnosis, treatment plan, goals, interventions, evaluation results, observations and progress in medical record;
- Other responsibilities as assigned;
- Assessing the psychosocial status of patients, families and caregivers related to the patient’s terminal illness and immediate environment;
- Serving as a liaison between patients/families/caregivers and community agencies, as needed;
- Supporting Grane’s commitment to interdisciplinary care services to ensure the highest level of patient satisfaction;
- Participating in the development of care plans and attend regularly scheduled case conferences;
- Maintaining clinical records via McKesson for all patients referred for social work services;
- Providing appropriate resources and external referrals, as needed.
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and / or patient sites within a designated area;
- Hospice, palliative or home care experience;
- Case Management Experience;
- Basic Microsoft Word skills;
- Licensed Master’s degree level clinician in psychology, social work, counseling or marriage and family counseling or licensed PhD;
- 1 or more years of experience in a related mental health environment;
- Active and unrestricted LMSW or LCSW;
- Minimum of one year social work experience in the healthcare field;
- Detail orientation with the ability to appropriately prioritize and organize multiple tasks;
- Excellent communication skills and basic computer skills;
- Licensed Master Social Worker.