Inpatient Social Worker Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Inpatient Social Worker to join our team.
- Develops and monitors care plans with patients and physicians;
- Facilitates admission of members to palliative care, hospice and other services;
- Participate in interdisciplinary plan of care meetings to identify needs of patients;
- Performs other related duties as assigned;
- Provides telephonic and in – person social work patient care for our members;
- Coordinate discharge planning process with patient and family;
- Conducts Hospital visits with our members – readmissions, doctor requests for SW, complex patients and placement;
- Provide support and education to patients and family members to help them understand coordination of medical services;
- Performs Psychosocial assessments and evaluations.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work;
- Thorough knowledge of community resources, in – home operations and community – based service waivers for Medi – Cal beneficiaries;
- Knowledge of utilization coverage guidelines, coordination of benefits, and coordination of care;
- Computer proficiency in MS Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
- Bilingual in Spanish;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience working in Managed Care;
- 2+ years of Medical Social Work experience;
- Comprehensive knowledge of CMS and Medi – Cal benefits and services;
- Flexible problem solver who is eager to tackle complex problems and tasks.