Licensed Clinical Social Worker provides clinical social work services to patients and their families. Counsels and provides crisis intervention for patients, including assessment and treatment of emotional and behavioral problems. Being a Licensed Clinical Social Worker coaches patients on how to manage ongoing health conditions and provides therapy to help patients make positive behavior changes. Requires a master’s degree of social work (MSW). Additionally, Licensed Clinical Social Worker typically reports to the head of a unit/department. Requires a state license to practice clinical social work. Licensed Clinical Social Worker’s years of experience requirement may be unspecified. Certification and/or licensing in the position’s specialty is the main requirement.
Licensed Clinical Social Worker Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Licensed Clinical Social Worker to join our team.
- Work cooperatively with various health population medical and Behavioral Health team;
- Demonstrates knowledge and skill necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients;
- Performs accurate and timely documentation. Completes patient notes in a timely manner and meets productivity standards;
- Development and formulation of treatment plans for patients in care work with psychiatrists on monthly basis;
- Consistently provides and maintains effective communication in all areas of clinic;
- Review quality reports for site on all indicators monthly;
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team for including primary care providers;
- Communicates effectively with referral sources regarding patient progress and aftercare planning;
- Document all patient encounters appropriately and maintain comprehensive case notes;
- Complete monthly program reports;
- Consistently provides effective communication in all areas of psychiatry and to medical providers;
- Support transition and coordination for chronically and persistently mentally ill to appropriate, alternate care;
- Participate in and facilitate case conferences as well as other agency, school and/or community based meetings or trainings;
- Serve as site liaison with HRHCare/Genesis program staff;
- Assesses patients and identifies dynamics, diagnostic elements and provides therapy as indicated.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality of service, teamwork, and participation in a highly interactive multidisciplinary clinic preferred;
- Accuracy in diagnosing patients and developing effective treatment plans;
- Knowledge of psychological testing techniques, administration and interpretation;
- Previous clinical responsibility to include crisis intervention, individual and group psychotherapy;
- Knowledge of the bio-psycho-social functions that contribute to mental health;
- Valid California MFT, LCSW, or LPCC licensure in-lieu of PsyD;
- Previous clinical responsibilities to include psychological testing, diagnosis, crisis intervention, brief individual and group psychotherapy;
- Demonstrated professional maturity and ethical integrity necessary for assuming professional responsibilities, preferred;
- Must have a National Provider Identifier (NPI) or obtain NPI, prior to employment start date;
- Ability to complete multiple tasks/objectives in a timely manner;
- May be required to participate in the department on-call rotation;
- Commitment to quality of service, teamwork, and participation in a highly interactive multidisciplinary clinic;
- Two years recent clinical experience is preferred. New graduates will be considered;
- Must be a Licensed Clinical Social Worker in order to be considered;
- Masters in Social Work; and.