Licensed Professional Counselor Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Licensed Professional Counselor to join our team.
- Stay current with updated research and best practices;
- Provide high quality, compassionate and ethical outpatient mental health therapy to clients as scheduled;
- Be aware of community referral sources and refer when necessary;
- Secure client information per HIPAA standards;
- Actively participate as a positive member of the clinic environment;
- Complete clinical documentation within 24 hours of date of service;
- Complete all recommended continuing education requirements;
- Maintain good standing with the appropriate board and insurance entities;
- Maintain case files within electronic health record (EHR) that are up to date.
- Must have on of the following licensures: LPC or LCSW;
- Individual must have strong leadership skills, preferably with management experience;
- Candidate must have a passion for working with adolescents and young adults who are struggling with both mental illness and substance abuse;
- Must possess a clean driving record;
- Be a Certified Substance Abuse Counselor through the Virginia Department of Health Professions and in good standing;
- Skill in working independently and implementing time management strategies;
- Ability to demonstrate positive team interactions with other clinic staff;
- Awareness of appropriate timing for referrals;
- Ability to provide necessary self-care;
- Skill in working with a variety of cultures.