Mental Health Specialist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Mental Health Specialist to join our team.
- Frequent milieu rounding to maintain a safe and therapeutic environment;
- Monitor patient vitals;
- Redirect patients and assist in ADLs. Includes assisting geriatric patients in Activities of Daily Living (bathing, shaving, toileting, etc);
- Provide direct patient care under the supervision of a Registered Nurse;
- Maintain all patient documentation;
- Facilitate therapeutic CBT group sessions;
- Assure compliance with applicable laws pertaining to behavior health in-patient care.
- Ability to possess and maintain a valid CA Driver’s License, must have suitable vehicle for agency travel and current automobile insurance;
- Ability to learn and apply clinical skills;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships;
- Knowledge of DSM-5 diagnoses;
- Understanding of cultural issues, community resources and family dynamics;
- Fluency in Mandarin or Cantonese is highly desired;
- Bilingual is a plus;
- This role requires a valid MT Driver’s License;
- Provides appropriate mental health assessments, counseling and confrontation avoidance interventions to address the needs of inmates in crisis;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills;
- CPI Trained and Certified;
- Conducts mental health screenings and assessments based on review of available records and clinical interviews with inmates;
- Working knowledge of general and psycho-education group therapy, therapeutic relationships, and age specific growth and development;
- Completes billing process according to department policy and procedures;
- CPR Certified.