School social workers work with teachers, parents, and school administrators to develop plans and strategies to improve students’ academic performance and social development. Students and their families are often referred to social workers to deal with problems such as aggressive behavior, bullying, or frequent absences from school.
School Social Worker Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a School Social Worker to join our team.
- Utilizes research and technologies to assist students, families, schools, and communities;
- Promotes collaboration among community health and mental health service providers and facilitates student access to these services;
- Conducts assessments and evaluations in accordance with family and student rights;
- Fulfilling special education IEP objectives;
- Working with students who are socially at-risk;
- Participates in appropriate professional development activities to improve knowledge and skills; and,
- Establishing relationships with both students and parents and participating in all aspects of school planning;
- Assists in the evaluation of effective departmental, school-based, system, community, and statewide programs;
- Your time will be evenly split between two nearby NHA schools;
- Organizes time, resources, energy, and workload in order to meet responsibilities;
- Promotes family support of students’ learning experience within the context of multicultural understanding and competencies;
- Full-Time 37.5, hours a week;
- Connecting students and families with community mental health organizations;
- Educating parents on intervention strategies;
- Maintains accurate case records and documentation.
- Must have Mater’s Degree in Social Work or Counseling;
- Must have Michigan State School Social Worker/School Adjustment Counselor License;
- Must have Illinois State School Social Worker/School Adjustment Counselor License and PEL;
- Must have LARA license & MDE SW Approval or University SSW-310 recommendation letter;
- Must have Mater’s Degree in Social Work;
- Must be ok with an urban district;
- Must have Master’s Degree in Social Work or Counseling;
- Must have New Mexico State School Social Worker/School Adjustment Counselor License;
- Knowledge of special education processes and procedures;
- Must have a master’s degree in social work;
- Must hold a valid North Carolina school social work license;
- Candidate with experience working with at-risk students – preferred;
- Must have strong organizational and communication skills;
- Candidates with experience working with at-risk students – preferred, if applicable to the school;
- Must hold a valid social work license issued in the state you are applying for and a 310 letter.