Social Worker (MSW) interviews clients and their families and coordinates and plans programs and activities to meet their social and emotional needs. Provides crisis intervention and assists families in understanding the implications and complexities of the life situation and its impact on lifestyle. Being a Social Worker (MSW) provides professional social work assistance to clients and families as related to illness, disease, hospitalization, financial and educational needs by utilizing a variety of modalities in all areas of service. Responsibilities also include involvement in the discharge planning process. Additionally, Social Worker (MSW) requires a master’s degree. Typically reports to a manager. Social Worker (MSW)’s years of experience requirement may be unspecified. Certification and/or licensing in the position’s specialty is the main requirement.
Social Worker Msw Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Social Worker Msw to join our team.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care;
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters team work, team member engagement and community involvement;
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of “First Do No Harm”.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work required;
- Maintains principles, practices and techniques of crisis intervention and de-escalation techniques;
- Requires knowledge of state and county adult and child protective legal mandates;
- Requires knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span;
- 0-3 years of Medical Social Work experience required;
- CPI (Non-Violent Crisis Intervention) certification preferred;
- Permanent LSW licensure required, LCSW licensure preferred;
- Requires proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word;
- Requires relevant health care, mental health or community-based experience.