Back End Software Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Back End Software Engineer to join our team.
- CI/CD infrastructure : Create systems that allow technical and non-technical developers alike to build faster and more reliably;
- Automation infrastructure : Develop and implement fault tolerant systems that deploy code quickly and keep it running;
- Software architecture : Understand the end-to-end needs of the company to develop software systems that support multiple stakeholders;
- High-quality, documented, tested code : Develop and implement enterprise-grade software that is built to last.
- Demonstrated ability to understand the business and ability to contribute to technology direction that gives to measurable business improvements;
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience;
- Risk domain expertise is a major plus;
- Excellent decision-making, communication and collaboration skills;
- You have familiarity designing and building wide-reaching systems;
- High-quality, documented, tested code : Develop and implement enterprise-grade software that is built to last;
- Experience with big data solutions such as Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, Pig, Kafka, Storm etc. is a major plus;
- You demonstrate a strong understanding of algorithms and data structures;
- 8+ Experience in Oracle/ Mongodb (or other NOSQL db’s), REST, Event Source, Web Socket;
- You have experience working on web application back-ends and APIs;
- You have experience profiling and optimizing systems;
- Lead product initiatives, recommend improvements, mentor and guide junior team members;
- Find and help fix stability/scalability issues in a very time critical environment;
- 8+ years Hands-on experience in Java/J2EE, XML, Web technologies, Web Services, Design Patterns, and OOAD;
- CI/CD infrastructure : Create systems that allow technical and non-technical developers alike to build faster and more reliably.