The Help Desk Technician identifies, researches and resolves routine technical problems of low complexity. Provides support to end users for basic computer, application, system, device, access and hardware issues. Being a Help Desk Technician documents, tracks, and monitors the problem using applicable systems and tools. Responds to telephone, email and on line requests for technical support. In addition, Help Desk Technician may coordinate with other teams or departments to resolve user problems. May perform password re-sets for users. May require an associate’s degree or its equivalent. Typically reports to a supervisor. Being a Help Desk Technician possesses a moderate understanding of general aspects of the job. Works under the close direction of senior personnel in the functional area. May require 0-1 year of general work experience.
Help Desk Technician Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Help Desk Technician to join our team.
- Works together with IT leadership on strategies to effect and implement new company procedures, policy changes, etc;
- Following appropriate escalation processes and customer notification procedures;
- Delivering a positive customer experience with each engagement/touch point;
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions;
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting;
- Walk the customer through the problem-solving process;
- Remotely accessing hardware or software for clients to make changes and fix problems;
- Responding to queries via chat, email, or phone;
- Provide technical assistance and internal support for employees;
- Following up with customers to ensure full resolution of issues;
- Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other systems;
- Delivers, tags, sets up, and assists in the configuration of end-user PC desktop hardware, software and peripherals;
- Provides one-on-one end-user problem resolution over the phone for company-approved Personal Computer (PC) software;
- Resolve complex software inquires from clients, call center agents, and park staff over the phone;
- Resolving problems with networks and other computer systems.
- Knowledge of Office 2010-2016;
- Individual must have excellent interpersonal skills – verbal as well as written;
- Proficient in troubleshooting applications;
- The candidate also has the ability and judgment to escalate support requests if necessary, as part of the Information Technology team;
- Organization and prioritization skills;
- Ability to train, educate, and problem-solve with staff;
- Communicates well in non-technical terms to users;
- Knowledge of methodology to operate computer systems and to troubleshoot minor computer equipment malfunctions;
- Ability to be on-call 7 x 24 on a weekly rotating basis;
- Interpersonal skills necessary to assist and train others in computer systems;
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and work in a fast paced environment;
- Ability to troubleshoot complex or time sensitive issues and identify solutions;
- PowerShell a plus;
- Communication with clients is required;
- Experience of basic installation/troubleshooting of AV equipment.