IT Help Desk Support Technician Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a IT Help Desk Support Technician to join our team.
- Provide accurate information on IT products or services;
- Follow-up and update customer status and information;
- Record events and problems and their resolution in logs;
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures;
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions;
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team;
- Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone or email;
- Walk the customer through the problem-solving process;
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers;
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel.
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices, and other tech products;
- Proven experience as a help desk technician or other customer support role;
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues;
- Excellent phone skills;
- Customer-oriented and cool-tempered;
- Tech savvy with working knowledge of office automation products, databases and remote control;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Proficiency in English.