Metrologists use very precise measurements in science and industry to make sure that processes and products meet high standards.
Metrology Technician Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Metrology Technician to join our team.
- Assist with operational and performance qualifications of calibrated equipment;
- Maintain and control a list of all calibrated equipment;
- Manage contracted services;
- Assign recalibration and equipment performance interval dates;
- Support quality and production systems;
- Remove and rectify equipment out of tolerance;
- Lead and administrate the Metrology Department;
- Support selection and installation of calibration management software;
- Ensure compliance to cGMP, regulatory regulations and Novartis global and local policy for laboratory equipment;
- Responsible for maintaining the calibration schedule for all equipment and instruments on site;
- Ensure communication flow in the Analytical Service team and with all individual involved in the process unit;
- Responsible for performing all assigned activities within budget and schedule constraints;
- Facilitate instrumentation calibration/qualification with external vendors, internal and/or external resources and local system owners;
- Responsible for equipment maintenance, diagnostics and repair in a cGMP regulated environment;
- Ensure compliance to cGMP, regulatory regulations and Novartis global and local policy for equipment.
- Should possess a superior knowledge of the Fluke Calibration MET/TEAM Test Equipment Asset Management Software;
- Specific calibration and metrology training as provided in a technical school, junior college or military curriculum;
- Familiarity with ISO 17025 preferred;
- 3-5 years of experience in related field preferred;
- High School diploma or G.E.D.; Associate’s degree from a two-year college or technical institution preferred.