Principal Architect manages and supervises all related activities of a staff of architects and technicians. Directly manages the development of architectural designs and preliminary construction details. Being a Principal Architect ensures architectural design work is completed on time and adheres to the established specifications and standards. Directs development of new methods or techniques. Additionally, Principal Architect may prepare project schedules, bids, or proposals. Requires a bachelor’s degree. Requires an state architect’s license. Typically reports to a head of a unit/department. The Principal Architect manages a departmental sub-function within a broader departmental function. Creates functional strategies and specific objectives for the sub-function and develops budgets/policies/procedures to support the functional infrastructure. To be a Principal Architect typically requires 5+ years of managerial experience. Deep knowledge of the managed sub-function and solid knowledge of the overall departmental function.
Principal Architect Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Principal Architect to join our team.
- Provide technical leadership and subject matter expertise to drive ePlus sales of applicable technology;
- Engage applicable manufacturers and their engineering resources for design assistance and lab access;
- Research, design and develop repeatable solutions to support applicable customer architecture needs;
- Help develop standardized assessment, delivery and testing documentation to be used by ePlus nationally for delivery of repeatable services;
- Work with internal management and strategy teams on development and delivery of relevant solution bundles;
- Knowledge/experience in Hardware and system architecture, computer architecture and GPU architecture;
- Review code and design;
- Multi task and to provide needed input efficiently on Development activities;
- Provide leadership to junior team members when called to do so;
- Ability and willingness to work alone on projects in a self-directed and matured manner;
- Hands on in OOP, Design Patterns, TDD, IoC, DI, Knowledge of Serialization/De-serialization;
- Assist in developing, organizing and maintaining technical practices along with manager and actively engage in rolling out improvements;
- Good command over using Data Structures especially XML, JSON operations and Processing technologies;
- Hands-on experience with Logging (Log4j), and Unit Testing using the JUnit, TestNG using Mocking frameworks such as Mockito, EasyMock, RestAssured;
- Experience working with SQL Queries and database servers like MSSQL Server, Oracle, MySQL.
- Experience with API’s;
- Hands-on experience with end-to-end software development of complex multi-tiered systems;
- Experience building cloud-native applications;
- 10+ years of web-development or solutions architecture experience;
- Strong communication skills; ability to facilitate technical conversations with non-technical stakeholders;
- UI/UX experience, including relevant web/application branding techniques;
- 8+ years of web-development or solutions architecture experience;
- Experience implementing large-scale technological enhancements or pivots, including pilot implementations and analysis;
- Practical experience defining and developing APIs;
- Database architecture and query tuning techniques (SQLServer / Oracle);
- Familiarity with SaaS platforms;
- Minimum 3 Years’ experience in a Principal Architect role;
- Experience in the financial services industry; understanding of the role of consumer and custodial banks; experience handling sensitive financial data;
- Practical experience developing native cloud-based applications;
- Familiarity with Machine Learning, AI.