Security Analyst II Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Security Analyst II to join our team.
- Respond to antivirus detection’s by performing scans, attempting remediation, and escalation as required;
- Coordinate with enterprise-wide cyber defense staff to correlate threat assessment data and validate network alerts;
- Implement IP blocks in customer firewalls to reduce attack surface;
- Characterize and analyze network traffic to identify anomalous activity and potential threats to network resources;
- Provide timely detection, identification, and alerting of possible attacks/intrusions, anomalous activities, and misuse activities;
- Document and escalate incidents that could pose a ongoing and immediate impact on the environment;
- Receive and analyze network alerts from various sources within the enterprise and determine possible causes of such alerts.
- Experience with Incident Response Handling procedures, and break the chain exercises;
- Strong knowledge of the various security solutions such as IDS, SIEM, firewalls and proxies;
- Experience with security tools and programming languages including: Security Management Systems (SMS), Regular Expressions/Powershell;
- Experience with network investigations reviewing endpoint logs, network traffic logs, and security solutions;
- Operating systems knowledge and systems administration skills for various versions Windows;
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or 2+ years of experience in a SOC.