Senior Big Data Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Big Data Engineer to join our team.
- You will be expected to contribute to innovations that fuel the growth of Intuit as a whole;
- You will be helping bring best practices in data engineering to accelerate our move to a devops model;
- While you will be building these solutions, customer empathy and delight will be the main drivers for your success;
- You will be working cross-functionally with CRM and Contact center engineering teams, Sales BI teams and Customer Success BI teams, Analysts, etc.
- 4+ years of work experience;
- Experience with AWS/Cloud services;
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets;
- Hands on experience on writing shell scripts complex sql queries Hadoop commands and Git;
- Experience in data orchestration tools like Airflow;
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience working with and developing big data solutions;
- Desired Characteristics Strong business acumen Critical Thinking and Creativity;
- B.S/M.S. in Computer Sciences or equivalent field, and 5+ years of relevant experience with in big data engineering;
- Strong expertise in AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, etc;
- Willingness to learn new technologies quickly;
- 4+ years’ Experience Programming in Java, Spring boot, SQL;
- 8 years of experience in a software development role with a focus on data systems;
- Proven capability of building data marts and data solutions;
- Knowledge and experience with American Express merchant data details and processing specifically merchant demographic data;
- Hands-on experience with AWS technologies like S3, Redshift, EMR/EC2, Hive.