Senior Infrastructure Architect Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Infrastructure Architect to join our team.
- Understand the business strategy and communicate effectively with senior business leaders and C-level executives;
- Maintain a deep understanding of competitive and complementary technologies and vendors and how to position Arch in relation to them;
- Continually update business and technology statuses and respond to strategic design requests as the business evolves;
- Create a well-informed cloud strategy and lay the adaption process and roadmaps;
- Analyze technical needs, requirements, and the network’s infrastructure design, integration, and operations.
- Data Center facilities: power/cooling/cabling;
- Positive attitude and a strong commitment to delivering quality work;
- X86 hardware solutions; rack and blade server solutions from Cisco, Nutanix, and HP;
- Storage networking protocols: Fiber Channel, iSCSI, and NFS/CiFS, storage multi-pathing;
- Strong working knowledge of business and management principles, strategic planning, resource allocation, and coordination of people and resources;
- Public and Private Cloud offerings and ecosystems;
- Ability to develop and sustain strong working relationships across all levels of the organization;
- EMC, IBM, Dell, and NetApp storage technologies (XIO, NetApp FAS, Azure Storage, IBM 9Ks);
- High availability architectures and clustering solutions (SQL Always On, Oracle RAC, Veritas);
- Databases: SQL, Oracle and data warehousing/analytics solutions;
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and unsupervised;
- Networking protocols, design and products: Ethernet, IP, switching, routing, spanning tree, OTV, LISP, FabricPath, etc;
- Competitive offerings from HP, Juniper, Brocade, Riverbed, IBM, Dell, Arista, etc;
- Ability to multi-task, meet project-specific deadlines, work in a team, and produce results independently;
- VMware: ESXi, vNetworking, SRM (site recovery manager), View, VROPS, Log Insight, NSX, and vRA.