IT technical support staff diagnose and solve software and hardware problems for computer users.
Service Desk Technician Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Service Desk Technician to join our team.
- Assists with project mobilization activities; may work with projects having to do with IT infrastructure hardware, as directed;
- Provide first line support for any technical issues and problems in person, via phone, and electronically;
- Effectively and politely communicate with customers and understand their issues;
- May recommend changes to existing procedures. Works with end users as necessary to assure they know and follow new and existing procedures;
- Walk customers through troubleshooting procedures as well as train computer users;
- Follow up with customers to ensure issues have been resolved;
- Install and test computers, printers, and other peripherals; configure operating system and application software programs;
- Assures that all activities are documented and reported according to company and IT standards;
- Run diagnostic applications to resolve problems;
- Triage, understand, and route issues to the correct resources, track requests and document resolutions;
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware, software, and peripherals;
- Regularly follows up with end users to ensure that questions, issues and problems have been resolved to the user’s satisfaction;
- Provide computer, software and telecom technical support to company team members as part of Applied’s IT Help Desk;
- Perform user account management, system monitoring, user education and other administrative tasks;
- Provide first tier support for other peripheral equipment such as printers, scanners, copiers and audio visual systems.
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details;
- Advanced understanding of operating systems, business applications, printing systems, and network systems;
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues;
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide services;
- U.S. citizen;
- Call center experience with a technical service desk;
- High school diploma or equivalent and one year of technical customer service experience;
- Competent in Internet navigation, Dual-Screen usage, Microsoft Office Tools, Windows and other software applications as appropriate;
- ITIL Foundation Certificate – Advantage;
- Third party software familiarity, install and troubleshooting;
- Ability to work on own initiative, with a high degree of autonomy;
- Ability to work in a virtual team environment;
- Windows 7 and Office 2007/10 experience;
- Posses a high level of independent judgment within established procedures;
- Hands on experience with Windows XP/W7, Active Directory and Microsoft Office.