Sr Information Security Analyst Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Sr Information Security Analyst to join our team.
- Identify and communicate opportunities to reduce risk and improve the overall effectiveness and operational efficiency;
- Responsible for continuous improvement of information security and risk management processes and change procedures to create process efficiencies;
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required, assigned, or requested;
- Work closely with Information Security and Compliance leadership in the development of audit scope, objectives and testing attributes;
- Lead and participate in enterprise and departmental projects that require analytical and risk assessment skills;
- Regularly provide status reports for assigned engagements;
- Completes annual education requirements;
- Assist in the development of less-experienced staff through the review of audit work papers and timely feedback;
- Plan and execute regular recurring and ad-hoc security related reviews, audits and internal process reviews;
- Assist and lead efforts to support HITRUST certification and maintenance.
- Strong technical skills in information security technologies, tools and standards with hands-on experience;
- Audit, compliance or PM backgrounds are beneficial;
- Advanced security certification (CISSP, CISM, CISA, etc.) preferred;
- Prioritize and balance several workstreams and projects;
- Ability to lead a small functional teams in planning and design;
- An entrepreneurial drive and willingness to solve tough problems;
- Influences others within and outside of job function, and communicates with external stakeholders;
- Understanding of audit practices and compliance frameworks;
- Strong project management and communication skills;
- Able to work with technical and non-technical staff to manage project deliverables and team relationships;
- Ability to present information security concepts to all levels of the organization and explain their relevance to the executive management team.