Staff Engineer, Lead Software Engineering Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Staff Engineer, Lead Software Engineering to join our team.
- Provide technical guidance for the software group on an assigned project;
- Train junior engineers;
- Organize SW team activities;
- The role is a combination of technical leadership and oversight, hands-on coding, and coordinating, preparing, and presenting technical solutions;
- Provide schedule support and task decomposition;
- Review code and triage issues;
- Coordinate and collaborate with the Project Manager and other discipline leads;
- Support Department initiatives;
- Conduct activities professionally and in a forthright manner.
- Ability to collaborate and maintain professional conduct with peers, project team members, and management personnel;
- Software architecture and design skills;
- Knowledge of at least two and an expert in at least one of the following: C;
- Ability as a self-starter to coordinate team in solving skills;
- Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline preferred;
- Seven (7) years of software engineering experience in progressively more challenging positions.