Systems Administrator III maintains and supports the integrity of the operating system environment and various computer systems. Administers, installs and troubleshoots a variety of operating systems. Being a Systems Administrator III performs systems maintenance tasks, such as system back-up, recovery and file maintenance. Schedules, installs, and tests system software upgrades. Additionally, Systems Administrator III configures software and resolves technical problems. Monitors and maintains software licensing and maintenance agreements. Typically requires a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent. Typically reports to a project leader or manager. The Systems Administrator III contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. Work is generally independent and collaborative in nature. To be a Systems Administrator III typically requires 3 to 5 years of related experience.
Systems Administrator III Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Systems Administrator III to join our team.
- Ability to troubleshoot a wide range of technical implementations;
- Install, configure, upgrade, and monitor web served related software;
- Manage, maintain, troubleshoot, and support our clients’ network infrastructure;
- Troubleshoot and utilize advanced Active Directory tools;
- Advanced utilization of service-specific tools and technologies (i.e. ConnectWise) to deliver onsite and remote user support services;
- Serve in the on-call rotation as assigned;
- Analyze and make optimization recommendations at the packet level;
- Install, upgrade, and migrate Windows workstations and servers;
- Develop and modify login scripts;
- Assess and reflect accurate billing options based on client contracts;
- Troubleshoot server related issues;
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience;
- Must be strong with LDAP and UD;
- Linux admin experience (3-5 years+);
- Great communication skills.
- Advanced network troubleshooting;
- Advanced knowledge of Active Directory and how it works in complex environments;
- ESX/ESXi management with emphasis on 5.0+;
- Ability to work with stakeholders and vendors over the phone, and remotely for extended periods;
- Develop and maintain an extensive knowledge of the Bank’s reporting environment and requirements;
- Management of Apache and Tomcat;
- Proven experience identifying, analyzing and resolving system problems;
- Thorough knowledge of Windows server and desktop operating systems;
- Experience fully virtualized computing environment;
- Above-average analytical, conceptual and troubleshooting abilities;
- Ability to write and communicate adequately and coherently in a business environment;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Must be able to work flexible hours to address system upgrades or problem resolution;
- Results oriented, ability to hold application vendors accountable for problem resolution;
- Attend work on a regular basis, on time, and withstand varying degrees of stress.