The Concrete Finisher requires a high school diploma or its equivalent and 2-4 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Creates, smoothes, and finishes surfaces of poured concrete floors, walls, sidewalks, or curbs. Being a Concrete Finisher relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Is familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. In addition, Concrete Finisher performs a variety of tasks. Works under general supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required. Typically reports to a supervisor/manager.
Concrete Finisher Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Concrete Finisher to join our team.
- Smooth out concrete in segments to ensure the concrete poured is level;
- Apply coats of plaster or stucco to walls, ceilings, or partitions of buildings, using trowels, brushes, or spray guns;
- We do NOT provide training, must have experience;
- Performs the following concrete placement and finish: placing, finishing curing, and cutting of concrete slabs;
- concrete restoration;
- Breaks up and repairs old concrete surfaces;
- Mixes cement with hoe or concrete-mixing machine;
- Apply curing and sealing compounds to concrete surfaces;
- Operate power vibrators to remove voids;
- Monitor how wind, heat, or cold affect the curing of the concrete throughout the entire process;
- Directing the casting of the concrete with the truck driver;
- Produce quality work on concrete surfaces;
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen;
- Must pass a pre-employment background check;
- Should be able to cut control joints, using straight edge and jointer.
- Drug free at all times;
- High standard of integrity and professionalism;
- Have the ability and knowledge to read prints;
- Strong working knowledge of job site safety;
- Must be reliable and self-motivated;
- Experience working with equipment such as: boom lifts, scissor lifts, and forklifts;
- Must have reliable transportation;
- Understand the difference between a burn finish and broom finish;
- 5 years of experience in Concrete Finishing;
- Work Well With Other Tradesmen;
- Concrete form setting and form stripping;
- Able to work shifts, at night and on public holidays as required;
- Must be able to pass a drug test;
- Ability to stand for long periods;
- Bilingual is a plus.