Electrical Installation Technician Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Electrical Installation Technician to join our team.
- Read, understand and apply technical information contained in third party manufacturer manuals or Company build documents;
- Maintain a safe, clean and orderly work area;
- Modify chassis manufacturer components if necessary;
- Prepare wiring for installation by assembling required harnesses;
- Test installed systems for proper function;
- Connect to vehicle manufacturer electronic system by splicing wires or attaching to existing OEM connection components;
- Pay close attention to detail working to achieve error-free performance;
- Maintain written records of installation or repair work to track activities ensuring work is fully documented;
- Tie-up and shield installed wiring in accordance with company standards;
- Determine best location for systems installation on vehicle chassis’ and route systems accordingly;
- Follow policies, procedures, work methods, directives and work rules established by company management.
- Forklift operation experience preferred;
- Willingness to work overtime as required;
- Associates Degree or equal from Vocational/Trade/Technical school preferred;
- Industry specific experience including installation and troubleshooting knowledge of 12-volt electrical systems;
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Possession of applicable personal hand, air and power tools.